Mount Atkinson Place Planning
STOCKLAND | Mount Atkinson, VIC
Mt Atkinson is greenfield development on a city scale – situated approximately 23 kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD. Incorporating residential, retail, commercial, education, industrial and recreation anchors, it will re-define Melbourne’s ‘new west’. Mt Atkinson represents city shaping potential at its finest – a burgeoning inner-west growth corridor, integrated transport networks, elevated Melbourne views and the opportunity to build local employment and whole of life learning opportunities from the outset. With integrated technology an essential baseline, and active living at its heart, the journey ahead to deliver Mt Atkinson as Melbourne’s new west is unrivalled in scale, location and demand.
Working with Stockland and its joint venture partners, we lead the place and village definition for Mt Atkinson – translating a grand vision for the project as a whole into distinct propositions across residential, commercial, retail and civic destinations. This involved:
- Place planning and analysis;
- Facilitation of place visioning and positioning workshop;
- Defining place drivers, objectives and KPI’s across built form, public realm, economic development, retail and community;
- Development of project vision and village propositions supported by graphic place plans, perspectives and mood imagery to guide the design team; and
- Development of the Mt Atkinson Place Blueprint to guide project team and stakeholder discussions across the project.
Applying our place methodology, element’s work resulted in a place vision and subsequent place plans to strategically position the project, as well as its various residential and commercial offerings. A key focus of the work was aligning a multi-disciplinary team of consultants, project partners and local and state government around a collective vision which would support economic development and ultimately, self-sufficiency of the precinct.
Sinagra by Stockland Place Visioning
Economic Transformation of Kalgoorlie City Centre (In Progress)
Claremont on the Park
Geraldton City Centre Revitalisation Plan
Karratha Town Centre Revitalisation