Lathlain Park Management Plan
When the West Coast Eagles and Perth Football Club relocated their training facilities to Lathlain Park they agreed with the Town of Victoria Park to develop Lathlain Park with improved training facilities and community infrastructure. The resulting Lathlain Precinct Redevelopment Project (LPRP) includes eight project zones that will undergo redevelopment and/or revitalisation. This was a high profile project with significant interest from community and key stakeholders at all levels.
element was engaged to deliver the engagement and communications strategy along with the Management Plan for the LPRP. From the outset, the engagement strategy needed to address key issues including:
- A highly engaged, emotive and in some instances aggrieved community, who were reticent to change and fiercely protective of the natural environment
- Complex engagement parameters within different zones of the LPRP resulting in confusion about stakeholders ability to have a say or be consulted.
Beyond the engagement strategy, we delivered online engagement, workshop facilitation, community open day facilitation, community representative group facilitation, stakeholder management and issues mitigation / expectation management.
- Through a variety of tools, we involved representatives in a reference group to minimise misinformation. Community workshops were facilitated and designed to ensure the quiet majority were heard as well as the vocal minority.
- Through careful facilitation we used non-verbal techniques to ensure we addressed different positions to balance perception of negativity
- Council endorsed the Management Plan which incorporated the various stakeholder needs, managed community concerns and defined aspirations.
What We Delivered
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Management Plan