Kardinya Park Shopping Centre Redevelopment
Kardinya Shopping Centre is the central hub for shopping needs for the local community. The Centre had remained with little change for an extensive time period and was due for a substantial upgrade to enhance its offerings to the community. Recognising the site's strategic positioning, the proposal aimed to create a modern, vibrant shopping hub to relink the Centre to its adjacent surrounds, develop a new main street, improve vehicle and pedestrian access and substantially improve the streetscape presentation of the shopping centre.
element was appointed to provide expert planning and engagement services to secure project development approvals for an $80million expansion of the Centre. The proposal included residential apartments and a commercial floor area expansion of approximately 15,000sqm which included a new food and beverage precinct, cinema and medical centre. The proposal was successful in obtaining development approval from the Metro-Inner South JDAP without requiring an activity centre plan. This enabled the orderly progression of detailed design phase which will lead to the eventual construction of the centre.
- Design and delivery of a community engagement programme
- Development and planning advice to progress the Development Application
- Negotiation with the City of Melville and State government agencies
- Securing major development approval
What We Delivered
- Engagement Plan
- Community workshop facilitation
- Engagement outcomes report
- Statutory and land use planning
- Major development application and approvals
- Planning strategy and advice