Development of the former Contacio Hotel site in Scarborough will create a landmark destination for Western Australia, blurring the edges between its beachfront and urban life. The bold vision is to create an internationally renowned destination, supported by a commitment to setting new standards in design, public realm and destination creation.
Working as part of the multi-disciplinary project team, our role focused on:
- Developing and delivering an integrated community and stakeholder engagement program to build project interest and advocacy
- Aligning key stakeholders and the community around a shared vision for the site
- Combining big picture planning issues – height, density and connectivity with the important finer details – uses and activities, retail mix and public space design
- Developing place plans and retail vision to support ground plane development
- Delivery of place strategy to support project development application
Through a strategic and considered place approach, we positioned the project in the context of its contribution to Perth and Western Australia’s tourism, economic and destination potential. Aligning stakeholders around a common vision required a focus on the visitor experience as part of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority’s Scarborough Master Plan, demonstrating its potential to diversify Scarborough’s appeal to locals, Perth people and visitors from abroad.
What We Delivered
- Place visioning and theming
- Public realm urban design
- Public space and destination planning
- Retail vision
- Stakeholder and community engagement and consultation
- Media and communications planning