City of Perth Heritage Projects
We have been working with the City of Perth in various capacities over the last three years. We have been privileged to be involved in the update of three heritage management conservation plans: Stirling Gardens, QueensGardens and the Perth town Hall. The City asked us to take a new approach, and focus on revising the cultural values of these places to be inclusive of Whadjuk Nyoongar people and their long and continuing connection to Country.
Completion of the Stirling Gardens management plan culminated in a presentation and site walk during Heritage Perth Weekend 2021.
In a different capacity, element is currently involved in conservation works to the Perth Town Hall, repairing and improving the external walls, roof and clock tower. This project gave us the opportunity to conduct workshops during the Heritage Perth Weekend 2022 in traditional skills such as lime mortar brick pointing, stone work and the like.
In early 2022 we completed a review of more than 320 places for theLocal Heritage Survey; a project which is ongoing.
What We Delivered
- Stirling Gardens, Perth - Heritage Management Plan (2021)
- Heritage Perth Weekend, Stirling Gardens walk and presentation(April 2021)
- Heritage Perth Weekend, Traditional Skills Workshops (April 2022)
- Queens Gardens, East Perth - Heritage Management Plan (draftdelivered April 2022)
- Local Heritage Survey Review (draft delivered April 2022)
- Perth Town Hall - Heritage Management Plan (ongoing in April 2022)
- Perth Town Hall – External Rectification Conservation Works (ongoingin April 2022)